Header Image map

Home My Story Fancy Things Country Life Great Americans Entertaining Media/PR Contact Me Image Map

Thursday, September 10, 2015

It's a Partnership, Not a Sponsorship

I was traveling for work and play recently and was gone for almost two weeks straight.

When I departed home for my long weeks of work meetings, time with friends and many miles in the air and on the road, I left a lot of sliced peppers.  

And when I returned, the floors were clean and his laundry was done.  


It wasn't a miracle, it's part of the partnership.  
Brett likes fresh sliced peppers to snack or just eat for dinner after a long, hot day.
I hate doing his 10 loads of laundry a week and seeing cow manure in my washer.
I also like clean floors. 

We both know what each other hates and what we like, so we try help each other out a bit in our 
busy lives, and we drink plenty of cocktails along the way.

My husband has always said, 
"Marriage is a partnership, not a sponsorship."

He knows who he married so he has to say that a lot.....but it works!


In order for this partnership to work, he knows to leave his dirty, dusty clothes on the back porch.
And I have learned that they will have to enter my washer.


This partnership works because I have finally realized I may have too many clothes and try to limit my shopping excursions.  But he has learned to just compliment, take a deep breath and shake his head.


We have really learned to embrace our heritage together and that dressing up 
with your partner is better than going at it alone.


We challenge each other to try new things and step out of our comfort zone.

I never would have kayaked.....


....or owned a dog without my husband, my partner.  


My mom always tells me that we are good together because we have our own hobbies and interests, but we also have found many things we can do together like bird hunting. 

Even though this is a good "partnership" activity, somehow he tricked me by buying me a new hunting vest with pockets.  I have pockets, he doesn't which means I have to carry the birds.  

I told him if I have a new vest, I will have to buy other new hunting accessories.
He just shook his head....


As I have just returned from traveling and wrapped up a busy summer, 
he is preparing for a busy fall and harvest.  
Sometimes we have to sponsor each other at different times of the year to make the partnership work.

And as partners, we support each other through thick and thin, the clean and the dirty.


So as I plan to "sponsor" my husband during harvest by making countless sandwiches and cutting lots of peppers, I may shop a little while he is in the field.  And when I return home, I won't mind if the floors are dirty.  Our partnership depends on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment