Header Image map

Home My Story Fancy Things Country Life Great Americans Entertaining Media/PR Contact Me Image Map

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Harvest Festival

Harvest.  


According to Wikipedia, 
"Harvest is the process of gathering mature crops from the fields.
The harvest marks the end of the growing season, or the growing cycle for a particular crop,
and social importance of this event makes it the focus of seasonal celebrations such as a harvest festival."


We don't get to go to many festivals during the harvest.  
So this weekend I created my own festival.  

I decided to visit the farm and see what I could get into.  
And this guy picked me up and said, "get in, we have to check those beets I planted for you in the garden."

So I hopped in the old, beat-up gator and we visited the garden.  
And then......


....this guy hopped in the gator.  He needed a ride from one semi to the other.

Two generations of farmers in one vehicle together with the farmer's daughter and wife.  
Always interesting......


Harvest is kind of like a festival of teamwork.

One guy drives the combine, the other drives alongside him with the grain cart.  
Another drives the semi to and from the field to get the load from the grain cart.


And the other guy plants wheat behind the combine to begin a new growing season.


This beautiful, golden corn.

A festival of its own.


And I am blessed they let be a part of harvest on the farm.  
Making a lot of their lunches and dinners this harvest has made me appreciate their hard work even more. 


 After delivering dinner that night, I took one last look at the tall corn with its season ending and a new one beginning.


  Then I stood in the field between the harvest gold and had my own little festival, giving thanks for the Harvest.




No comments:

Post a Comment