Header Image map

Home My Story Fancy Things Country Life Great Americans Entertaining Media/PR Contact Me Image Map

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I Do This Because of Him

There was "no burnin' daylight" yesterday.

I was up before the sun helping to run an agriculture event for work.  
We were helping to promote agriculture and teach farmers and local leaders 
the value of agriculture in their communities.

Then I flew to DC where I will be advocating for our Indiana farmers on The Hill.

And this week on Wednesday, March 18th we celebrate Ag Day.

However, I realized that I celebrate agriculture every day but others don't.  

I used to celebrate like this.....


....and now I celebrate or advocate like this.


Why?

Because He did this.


I get fancy to celebrate the country in my blood.  
And always have passion and give thanks while I am doing it.


Here are a few facts for you:
Thanks to the American Farm Bureau Foundation for these facts from 2013.

Families own and operate most of U.S. farms and ranches:  
Today, 97 percent of all U.S. farms and ranches are owned by individuals, family partnerships or family corporations.

Each U.S. Farmer Feeds 154 People:  
America's farmers and ranchers are the world's most productive stewards of our land.  Today, each one produces food and fiber for 154 people in the United States and abroad.  

Americans Pay the Least for the Food:  
U.S. consumers spend just 10% of their disposable income on food each year, while other countries spend much more.
Italy:  15%
Poland: 20%
Philippines: 36%
Kenya: 41%

Celebrate with me today by thanking a farmer.  
Say a little pray as our farmers advocate in Washington D.C. with me today to protect our family farms, businesses and way of life.  And keep our farmers in your thoughts and prayers as they prepare to start a new season in the our fields.


1 comment: